- What’s involved in the Whole Body Massage Weekend course?
- Over one weekend you’ll learn an entire thorough system to massage clients effectively for relaxation and therapeutic massage. It's designed to lengthen and relax the muscles. It runs over two days – Saturday 9am – 6pm and Sunday 8.30am – 5.30pm. You’ll learn hands-on in our friendly classroom environment, and our highly experienced trainers are there to help you succeed. The course is 99% hands-on training.
- Do I need to have previous massage experience?
- No, we welcome anyone in our classes and we’ll teach you everything you need to know.
- Do I need a Certificate IV to start massaging professionally?
- No! The Massage Association of Australia (MAA) and the International Institute of Complementary Therapists (IICT) recognises our Certificate in Whole Body Massage course that’s held over just two days on one weekend – on the Monday morning you can apply for membership with the MAA, get your insurance and start earning an income.
- How do I get insurance and start a business?
- As soon as you’ve finished your Certificate in Whole Body Massage you can apply for membership with the Massage Association of Australia (MAA) or the International Institute for Complimentary Therapists (IICT). Both these professional organisations will be able to provide Professional Indemnity Insurance, allowing you to begin earning an income.
- Where are your courses held?
- Our courses are held in Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Sydney, Perth and the Gold Coast.
- Are your courses recognised nationally?
- Yes – Our courses are recognised by an Accredited Massage Industry Association, the Massage Association of Australia (MAA) and the International Institute for Complimentary Therapists (IICT).Your course will be recognised all over Australia.
- Will I need to be massaged on?
- The course is hands on in nature and as part of the learning experience we strongly recommend that our students take part in being massaged during the hands-on teaching. If for some reason you’re unable to be massaged on then please reach out to our trainers and we’ll work around your needs.
- Can I work overseas?
- Yes – many of our students travel and work overseas. We’re an approved training provider for the International Institute for Complementary Therapists (IICT) so once you’ve finished your course simply join as a member and purchase your Professional Indemnity Insurance through them. You’ll be able to work in over 26 countries, including NZ, USA, Canada, and much of Europe.
- Do you help me set up a business?
- We’ll help you get started in the industry but the massage system we teach is only part of the puzzle.We’ve also put together a bonus video for our students – “3 mistakes a new massage therapist makes that will keep their practice empty and how to avoid them” that will provide you with some helpful information.
- Why do the other schools say I have to sign up for 12 months?
- Because they want you to pay for a 12 month course. We support students who want to upskill and complete the Certificate IV – we think it’s a worthwhile course that equips you for work in the industry, but we know that many massage therapists are excellent and have been working for years without any formal training. To work as a massage therapist in Australia, the minimum requirement you need to have completed is a course that’s recognised by an association (such as our Certificate in Whole Body Massage Weekend Course), then join the association that recognises the course you’ve done. In our case, you need to join the Massage Association of Australia (MAA) or the International Institute for Complimentary Therapists (IICT).
- If I finish the Whole Body Massage course and want to upgrade to a Certificate IV will I have to start again?
- No. We’ll credit any courses you do with us towards the practical components of our Certificate IV so you can move on straight away
- Are your courses recognised by the Health Funds?
- No. The Diploma of Remedial Massage is recognised by health funds
- If I don’t feel like I’m learning anything on the Whole Body Massage weekend can I get my money back?
- We know you’ll love our course, but if for some reason you don't feel that you are learning anything new in the first 4 hours simply let our trainers know before lunchtime on the Saturday of your course and we’ll give you a full refund. T&C's apply
- How Do Your Massage Courses Compare to Other Massage Courses?
- Our massage courses are unique in that they are very practical in nature. At DMA, “You learn by doing and you do until you learn”. Our focus is upon obtaining consistently high levels of student performance with all of the massage techniques we teach. This begins with our Whole body Massage Certificate course and operates all the way through our more advanced courses.Remember: We believe in the three R’s of massage success!RESULTS = REPEAT BUSINESS = REFERRALS
- What are the times for the Deep Tissue Massage for Common Injuries Courses?
- Deep Tissue Massage for Common Injuries- 1 9am-1pm, Deep Tissue Massage for Common Injuries- 2 1pm-5pm, Deep Tissue Massage for Common Injuries- 3 9am-1pm, Deep Tissue Massage for Common Injuries- 4 1pm-5pm, Please note: Times may vary depending on class size
- What is the price of the HLT42015 Certificate IV in Massage Therapy?
- The full price of the HLT42015 Certificate IV in Massage Therapy is $2,500.00. However, we discount the price down to $1500.00 being a DMA Student
- What practical components are involved with the HLT42015 Certificate IV in Massage Therapy?
- Whole Body Course $595.00 Deep Tissue Massage for Common Injuries-1 $325.00 Deep Tissue Massage for Common Injuries-2 $325.00 Please note: Check out our specials page for pricing
- Who is the RTO you partner with to deliver the HLT42105 Certificate IV in Massage Therapy?
- RTO- 32143
- What is the entry pre-requisite of HLT52015 Diploma in Remedial
- You must have completed the Certificate IV in Massage Therapy Qualification or it's equivalent.
- What is the full price of the HLT52015 Diploma in Remedial Massage
- The full price of the HLT52015 Diploma in Remedial Massage is $3,000.00 however we discount the price down to $1,500.00 being a DMA Student. Please remember you must hold a certificate IV in massage therapy or it's equivalent to begin the HLT52105 Diploma in Remedial Massage
Can’t find the answer?
Our trainers understand you may have questions, and we’re here to help so simply get in touch on 1300 585 989 or by clicking the link
Why study with us?
We believe the best massage therapists learn hands-on, not through hours of lectures. That’s why we focus on teaching you the practical skills you need, backed up with knowledge so you can competently treat your clients.
Our massage courses are fully recognised with the Massage Association of Australia (MAA) and the International Institute for Complementary Therapists (IICT). On completion of the Whole Body Massage course you will be able to join the MAA or IICT and purchase professional Indemnity Insurance. Membership facilitates purchase of Professional Indemnity insurance allowing you to practice professionally.