Start earning an income as a massage therapist in 2 days over one weekend
Our 100% hands-on approach gives you the skills and knowledge you need to start your career with confidence
- What you learn: Unique to DMA, results-driven, complete and thorough massage system to treat each body region in a series of sequences
- Duration: 2 day hands-on practical massage course over one weekend. Saturday 9am-6pm, Sunday 8.30am-5.30pm
- Delivery method: 100% hands-on practical at one of our locations across Australia
- Delivery method BONUS:You will get immediate access to the course via our online course so you can start now, practice at home and then come to the hands on weekend course ready for our instructors to improve your skills
- Nationally Recognised: This massage course is fully recognised with both the peak industry association, the Massage Association of Australia (MAA) established in 1980 and the peak industry body, International Institute for Complementary Therapists (IICT) established in 2002.
- Professional Indemnity Insurance: Yes available on completion through both the IICT and MAA
Our commitment to quality sets us apart
We’re different to the other massage schools, and it shows in the quality of our graduates:
Learn a comprehensive massage system (not just strokes)
We don’t teach a set of technically disjointed massage strokes – we give you a results-driven, complete and thorough massage system to effectively massage the entire body to relax and lengthen the muscles that give your massages the WOW factor and set you apart from all other massage therapists.
Highly effective training helps you memorise our system
Rather than just demonstrating each stroke then moving on we’ll present and explain each stroke, you practise it, then we revise and show you how to organically add the stroke to your repertoire. And we’ll keep practicing until you and your classmates are ready to move on.
Our unique and distinctive techniques
Designed by DMA, our thorough massage system techniques have been developed over the past 30 years by our founding trainers that will get you proven results. You’ll leave our hands on weekend course confidently able to perform a full body relaxation massage that friends, family and clients will love. Our techniques allow you to use different levels of pressure based off what your client wants giving your massages the WOW factor.
What you learn
- A complete, thorough whole-body massage system
- Techniques to lengthen and relax your clients’ muscles
- How to use your body (and body weight) to safely massage and avoid injuries
- How to interact with clients
- Correct positioning or “draping”
Start working sooner
If you’re looking to start your career, or add a skill to your resume, then our DMA 2 day Certificate in Whole Body Massage will give you everything you need. This massage course is fully recognised with both the peak industry association which is Massage Association of Australia (MAA) established in 1980 and the peak industry body, International Institute for Complementary Therapists (IICT) established in 2002.
As soon as you’ve finished you can apply for membership and qualify for insurance – being a member of the IICT even allows you to work professionally in 26 countries.
When you’re ready to advance your skills we offer our Deep Tissue Massage for Common Injuries Courses that’ll set you up for an extraordinary career, either through our own Pathway to Massage Excellence, or as the first practical module of the HLT42015 Certificate IV in Massage Therapy.
No other course can prepare you to treat clients in two days
At Discover Massage Australia, we want to help you learn to become the best massage therapist possible, which is why we focus on quality trainers, hands-on practical learning, and core skills.
We’ll teach you the skills and techniques you need to successfully treat clients, and we’ll show you the underlying principles that form the basis of what we do.
We all know the importance of having a system to follow. Without a system it’s very hard to know right from wrong, or how things negatively or positively affect your desired massage result.
Leading the way for over 22 years
As one of the most experienced colleges, we’ve training thousands of people since 1997 – now we’re the largest hands-on college in the country.
We want to help you build your career, whether you become a dedicated massage therapist or use your skills to complement your other services. Our course is also perfect for people trying massage for the fist time or those simply wanting to broaden their skill set. So, we spend more time teaching and less time talking, and we back up the techniques with solid business and client liaison advice that can benefit everyone, no matter what field you work in.
Our comprehensive hands-on course is a great stepping stone to the HLT42015 Certificate IV in Massage Therapy Practice and successful completion of our weekend course fulfils your requirements for the first practical module of the Certificate IV in Massage Therapy qualification.